The NBA on Christmas Day is a tradition like no other and one of the biggest days on the NBA calendar.
When the league moved to a five-game Christmas list in 2008, it began commemorating the holidays on the team’s uniforms using an NBA snowflake logo.
On Christmas Day 2012, the league introduced Christmas Day uniforms for all 10 teams in action, a tradition that spanned five seasons until Nike became the official supplier to the NBA ahead of the 2017-18 season. .
As the days of the Christmas Day uniform are over, each of the teams scheduled to play on Christmas Day in 2021 have made specific clothing choices for the holidays, with eight of the 10 teams in action opting for their âCity Editionâ. “uniforms.
Thanks to NBA.com’s LockerVision, we get an advanced look at the one-on-one uniform matchups for all five Christmas Day games.
NBA League Pass: Sign up to unlock live non-market games (7-day free trial)
Hawks (City) vs. Knicks (City)
- Hawks’ “404 Forever” City uniform pays homage to the city of Atlanta while incorporating elements of uniforms from different eras of Hawks history
- The New York City Edition uniform is a variation on the team’s late ’90s look, opting for a black base and orange accents. The Madison Square Garden logo is featured on the shorts.
Celtics (City) vs. Bucks (City)
- As one of the league’s charter franchises, the Boston City Edition uniform has a look inspired by the early years of the NBA. The shorts pay homage to Red Auerbach and feature the team’s 75th anniversary logo.
- Several eras of Bucks basketball are depicted on the team’s City Edition uniforms, including the Irish Rainbow on the side panels, which hark back to the 1980s. The wooden logo on the shorts brings things back to the Ray Allen era and the number font brings things back to modern times.
Warriors (Association) vs. Suns (City)
- Because Golden State’s City Edition uniform is black, he will be opting for his white Association uniform, a style first introduced in the 2010-11 season.
- The Suns are one of two teams that haven’t incorporated retro elements into their City Edition uniforms, but are instead bringing back their City Edition uniforms from the 2020-21 season. A nod to âValley of the Sun,â the Suns wore these vibrant black uniforms in each of their home playoff games in 2021.
Nets (City) v Lakers (Association)
- The Nets’ City Edition uniforms pay homage to every stop the franchise made on their way to Brooklyn. From the early ’90s wordmark to the Jason Kidd-era diamond print, every element works well together.
- Tradition reigns supreme for the Lakers, who will wear their white Association uniforms. As of the 2001-02 season, white uniforms have been the Lakers’ choice on Sundays and holidays, with special edition Christmas uniforms also in white.
Mavericks (City) vs. Jazz (City)
- The Mavericks City Edition uniforms take things back to the early days of the team’s identity, using heavy green themes and incorporating the hat logo over the Dallas wordmark.
- Like the Suns, the Jazz are bringing back their City Edition uniform for the 2020-21 season, which is a “Dark Mode” version of the redrock-inspired uniforms that debuted in the 2017-18 season.